Don’t Give Up. Keep Hustlin’. You Got This.
Extended Family of 5 Candid Pictures in The Woodlands
Top 5 Fun Family Places in The Woodlands
The Woodlands, Texas is not only a beautiful place to live, but it is full of fun opportunities for you and your family! If you are anything like me, you know that being in a house with your kids all day is an absolute battle. Whether it’s constant yelling, fighting, or being bombarded with questions, it’s never fun to have young kiddos without any kind of entertainment. My Pops calls my two kids “little tornados,” and I know exactly why. Having kids in the house all day leaves my house looking like a hot mess! Since I live in Willis, it is so worth it for me to put the kids in the car and find other means of entertainment OUTSIDE of my home. The Woodlands is always my go-to! If you are needing some ideas of family friendly places to go, here are my top 5 places in The Woodlands, Texas:
- Main Event – If you are looking for a place to go that will have your kiddos giggling with excitement for hours, it’s Main Event. Located right off of I-45, this entertainment center has it all – bowling, arcade games, laser tag, and even a bar for the adults! My kids love the endless activities, and I love to sit back with an adult beverage (or two) and watch them play! www.mainevent.com
- Rob Fleming Aquatic Center – The weather is warming up a bit, which means that it’s time to bust out the bathing suits! The Rob Fleming Aquatic Center is equipped with super fun water slides, a lazy river, and a splash pad. It’s the perfect place for kids to play and adults to relax in the beautiful Texas weather!https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/Facilities/Facility/Details/13
- 7 Acre Wood – If you and your family love the outdoors, this is the perfect place for you! 7 Acre Wood is a gorgeous location surrounded by beautiful wildlife and filled with tons of fun activities! It has a petting zoo, mini golf, a western play town, a rope slide, and a huge sand pit. This is such a cool way for your kids to have hands-on interactions with nature! http://www.7acrewood.org
- The Woodlands Children’s Museum – If you want to give your kiddos a fun, hands-on learning experience, then you have to take them to this children’s museum! Experts say that children learn their best through play, which is what this family fun place is all about. You can simply take your little ones to the museum for a day of fun, or you can enroll them in different workshops that they offer. They have many different classes including robotics, art, science, and dance. One of my favorite workshops that they offer is Ocean Commotion, where your child will explore the ocean layers through science and art. They even get to create a coral reef masterpiece! http://woodlandschildrensmuseum.org
- George Mitchell Nature Preserve – One of the simplest and most breathtaking spots in The Woodlands is this nature preserve filled with many hiking and biking trails. The Woodlands is known for its beauty, so you definitely want to immerse yourself in the countless trees and gorgeous wildlife.https://www.thewoodlandstx.com/parks/george-mitchell-nature-preserve.php
Beautiful Wardrobe to Compliment Any Conroe Photography Session
This post is long overdue. If you know me, you know that I love fashion- I always have. Like, a slight obsession with clothes is a complete understatement. So when I get to put together two of my most favorite things (photography AND clothes) I am one happy person. Being a full service photography studio, I WANT to be able to help style your wardrobe for your session. And offering wardrobe that I know photographs well, saves you money on clothing you may only purchase to wear one time, I think it’s a win/win for everyone involved.
All of my pieces are hand picked by me, with my style in mind. With a classic and bohemian twist, I want to sleep in every piece I own. Many of the clothing that you see pictured is from stores like Free People, Altar’d State, ASOS, and many more. But if I’m being completely honest, most of it came to my all time favorite place- Free People.
If you want to book a session with me, I would love that so much. Be sure to get in touch here. And if you would like to come by for a wardrobe consultation (if you’re already booked with me), let’s get that scheduled right away.
And I know that my style may not be exactly what you have in mind for your pictures, so I am always willing and able to help you pick clothes right from your closet or help you search online for those perfect pieces. Clothing is so important for your family pictures, and I want to be there for you every step of the way. I know how overwhelming taking pictures can be, so let me be there for you! <3
See my current options below, and much love to all of you!
The Woodlands and Conroe Photographer | 5 Tips for Photographing with your Phone
As a mom of two and The Woodlands and Conroe Photographer, I am constantly on the go. Whether it’s taking my kids to school, fixing a boo boo, or just simply doing something fun, I am always busy and rarely have time to get myself (and my kids) completely together. And let’s face it – so many wonderful memories are made that I never want to forget. I want to document and cherish it all. Unfortunately, with a busy lifestyle, I don’t always have my camera on me. That’s why I decided that my phone will have to be a substitute every now and then. And lucky for me, I have learned a few handy tricks on making photos on your phone look good enough to frame! Here are my top 5 tips for photographing with your phone:
- Photography is basically the study of light, so photography is less about the camera and more about manipulating light in your favor. To practice first, put your subject in front of a window and move around your subject to see what lighting looks best. The more you work with the light, the better you will get! You will be surprised at how much light can affect your pictures.
- Don’t expect young children to smile and look at the camera. They just do not operate this way. There are two ways around this. First, try “bribing” them. Some people call it bribing, I call it positive reinforcement. Offering them a piece of candy or a small toy can do wonders. If that doesn’t work, lower your expectations. Kids will be kids, so sometimes you just have to work around it. Try to go for the candid look, and capture a few moments of them playing or laughing.
- Take the flash off of your camera and try using natural light. Sometimes the flash can create shadows that can warp the photo. I always find myself about to take an adorable photo, and then the flash comes on and it looks completely different. Using natural light makes your images appear softer and more beautiful.
- Try taking your subject off center and playing around with the composition of your photographs. Don’t be afraid to move around and have fun with it. Use worms eye view or birds eye view to make your pictures more interesting!
- Download a good (but easy) editing software like VSCO to develop a sort of “style” to your pictures. Everyone’s eye is drawn to a specific type of photography, and these apps will help you explore what you like best.
Using your phone to photograph sweet memories of you and your loved ones can be just what you are looking for. Have fun with it!! And if you want to book a session for me to document your life for an evening, be sure to get in touch here! <3 I would be honored to be your The Woodlands and Conroe Photographer!!
The Woodlands Lifestyle Newborn Photography | Mims Family
The Woodlands Natural Light Photography | 5 Reasons Why I Love Photography (And Why You Should Too)
- Documentation – I love documenting the now. Candid photography allows me to capture those in-between moments that are so fleeting. Those natural smiles and laughs, the way a man looks into the eyes of the woman he loves, and the way a tiny baby sleeps soundly. These are all examples of moments that we tend to love and cherish about the important people in our lives.
- Decor – Who doesn’t love a decorated home adorned with happiness, laughter, and love? There is no better way to decorate a home than to adorn the walls and surfaces with captured memories. I decorate my home with images that some of my favorite photographers have taken of me and my family. It always brings a smile to my face, as well as the faces of the people that come to visit!
- Time – Seeing fleeting memories of my children takes me back in time. I can literally relive moments that happened, and so can you! My goal is to document REAL life. Not a fake representation of your life. I love when my clients relax and let loose. It makes for such beautiful photos!
- The One Time Everyone Looks Put Together – Personally, life with two kids is wild, crazy, and unpredictable. I am lucky, I am able to make it out of the house without a gummy stuck to my jeans or a kid with both shoes on, lol! Let’s face it, if I can get the one shot that makes me feel like my very out of control life is somewhat not out of control, it’s a good session. I love being able to get that picture perfect moment for my amazing clients!
- Science – Photography is basically the study of light, and a way of manipulating it to make it work in your favor. It is so fun to be able to capture beautiful sun rays shining down on a sweet family. Color is also fun to manipulate, as it can change so much about a photo. I totally enjoy working with light, and seeing the power of what it can do. Who doesn’t love science?
Interested in booking a session? Contact me here! <3