The Woodlands and Conroe Photographer | 5 Tips for Photographing with your Phone
As a mom of two and The Woodlands and Conroe Photographer, I am constantly on the go. Whether it’s taking my kids to school, fixing a boo boo, or just simply doing something fun, I am always busy and rarely have time to get myself (and my kids) completely together. And let’s face it – so many wonderful memories are made that I never want to forget. I want to document and cherish it all. Unfortunately, with a busy lifestyle, I don’t always have my camera on me. That’s why I decided that my phone will have to be a substitute every now and then. And lucky for me, I have learned a few handy tricks on making photos on your phone look good enough to frame! Here are my top 5 tips for photographing with your phone:
- Photography is basically the study of light, so photography is less about the camera and more about manipulating light in your favor. To practice first, put your subject in front of a window and move around your subject to see what lighting looks best. The more you work with the light, the better you will get! You will be surprised at how much light can affect your pictures.
- Don’t expect young children to smile and look at the camera. They just do not operate this way. There are two ways around this. First, try “bribing” them. Some people call it bribing, I call it positive reinforcement. Offering them a piece of candy or a small toy can do wonders. If that doesn’t work, lower your expectations. Kids will be kids, so sometimes you just have to work around it. Try to go for the candid look, and capture a few moments of them playing or laughing.
- Take the flash off of your camera and try using natural light. Sometimes the flash can create shadows that can warp the photo. I always find myself about to take an adorable photo, and then the flash comes on and it looks completely different. Using natural light makes your images appear softer and more beautiful.
- Try taking your subject off center and playing around with the composition of your photographs. Don’t be afraid to move around and have fun with it. Use worms eye view or birds eye view to make your pictures more interesting!
- Download a good (but easy) editing software like VSCO to develop a sort of “style” to your pictures. Everyone’s eye is drawn to a specific type of photography, and these apps will help you explore what you like best.
Using your phone to photograph sweet memories of you and your loved ones can be just what you are looking for. Have fun with it!! And if you want to book a session for me to document your life for an evening, be sure to get in touch here! <3 I would be honored to be your The Woodlands and Conroe Photographer!!
The Woodlands Lifestyle Newborn Photography | Mims Family
Can you say adorable?! The Mims family is seriously one of the sweetest and most beautiful families ever! Living near The Woodlands, lifestyle newborn photography has always been a passion of mine. There is something so beautiful about capturing those first little moments that a newborn experiences. This sweet family recently had a little one, and I am so blessed to be able to document such a wonderful time in their lives. You could easily say that I was so happy to be doing The Woodlands Lifestyle Newborn Photography for them.
The Mims have been using me as their photographer since they had their second baby, JP. Their family has grown a lot since then, as they have added two more sweet girls in the mix. This family of six has become such close friends of mine. They are so incredibly encouraging and supportive of me and my business. I am truly blessed to have them in my life, and know that God has placed them here for a reason.
For this shoot, we decided on an at-home session. Because I want my clients to feel relaxed and comfortable, at-home sessions are always an easy way to accomplish exactly that. The Mims have a beautiful house filled with love and laughter. Their oldest daughter was just precious, and sweet as can be. JP, their son, loved to be in front of the lens. He was the cutest little smile! The two little girls were just adorable in every sense of the word. The littlest and newest addition was loved on by her whole family, swarmed by cuddles and kisses. I loved seeing her sister give her sweet kisses on the cheek. There’s nothing sweeter than baby sibling love!
The lighting in the house was a little dark that day due to the rain, but since their home has large windows, it allowed a good amount of light to shine through. All in all, we captured some amazing memories for this sweet family. I had a wonderful time with the Mims’, and look forward to seeing them again soon. I am so happy for their growing family.
For more information on how to book a The Woodlands Lifestyle Newborn Photography session with me, be sure to contact me here
! I would be honored to hear from you.
The Woodlands Natural Light Photography | 5 Reasons Why I Love Photography (And Why You Should Too)
If you know me, then you know that I started out my The Woodlands Natural Light Photography career “accidentally.” It all began when I was taking photos of my son, and I was in love with documenting his precious little life. I became more interested in capturing the sweet moments that I never wanted to forget, so my husband got me a nicer camera.
Eventually, I found myself never wanting to put down the lens. I knew that I not only wanted to document moments in my life, but I wanted to do the same for others. My passion took control, and now, my career revolves around it. And you know what? It’s amazing! I am so blessed to be able to do what I love, and to also spread joy to families all around The Woodlands and Conroe area. Here are the top 5 reasons that I love photography:
- Documentation – I love documenting the now. Candid photography allows me to capture those in-between moments that are so fleeting. Those natural smiles and laughs, the way a man looks into the eyes of the woman he loves, and the way a tiny baby sleeps soundly. These are all examples of moments that we tend to love and cherish about the important people in our lives.
- Decor – Who doesn’t love a decorated home adorned with happiness, laughter, and love? There is no better way to decorate a home than to adorn the walls and surfaces with captured memories. I decorate my home with images that some of my favorite photographers have taken of me and my family. It always brings a smile to my face, as well as the faces of the people that come to visit!
- Time – Seeing fleeting memories of my children takes me back in time. I can literally relive moments that happened, and so can you! My goal is to document REAL life. Not a fake representation of your life. I love when my clients relax and let loose. It makes for such beautiful photos!
- The One Time Everyone Looks Put Together – Personally, life with two kids is wild, crazy, and unpredictable. I am lucky, I am able to make it out of the house without a gummy stuck to my jeans or a kid with both shoes on, lol! Let’s face it, if I can get the one shot that makes me feel like my very out of control life is somewhat not out of control, it’s a good session. I love being able to get that picture perfect moment for my amazing clients!
- Science – Photography is basically the study of light, and a way of manipulating it to make it work in your favor. It is so fun to be able to capture beautiful sun rays shining down on a sweet family. Color is also fun to manipulate, as it can change so much about a photo. I totally enjoy working with light, and seeing the power of what it can do. Who doesn’t love science?
Interested in booking a session? Contact me here! <3