Senior Photography in The Woodlands and Conroe | Hali
Moments in my life seem to make sense when I am looking back. I think that they all kind of fit together like a puzzle and they happen for the very reasons they are intended. When shooting senior sessions, my goal is to grab who this person is that is standing in front of my camera. Doing Senior Photography in The Woodlands and Conroe, it gives me a little bit of the “heritage” of my people. I feel as though each piece of a human, each person they know, and each moment defines us in some way. So when Hali asked me to do her senior portraits, I was over the moon excited. Partly because I know Hali personally. She’s a dear friend of mine, so much so, I feel like my daughter loves her more than me, and we see each other on the regular over at CrossFit Willis.
About Hali’s High School Senior Photography Session
We took to one of my favorite (and also a client favorite) spots here in North Conroe- right off of I-45 and FM 1097. This little spot is nestled right next to Bed, Bath and Biscuit on private property. It has an array of tree tunnels, a beautiful fallen pecan tree, bamboo trees, wide open fields, and even a small stream in the back. Basically, a photographer’s dream come true spot! 😉 We then took some shots over at CrossFit Willis, to showcase what a huge part of her life they (we) are! Those were so unique and awesome and I loved shooting there. Our last spot included some images at the lake on Lake Conroe in Montgomery. It was freezing, but in true Hali form- she was a trooper and we got some amazing shots from it. All of the dresses that you see pictured in these portraits are from my studio wardrobe that is open for any and all of my clients to use. Her beautiful makeup was done by Christina over at Mirror Mirror Beauty Studio! Her floral crown was done by A Different Bloom over in Montgomery Tx off of HWY 105!
Hali’s spirit and personality, coupled with a side of being a monster (the best kind of monster) in the gym just shows how truly loyal, dedicated and motivated she truly is. If you know Hali, you know how supportive and encouraging she is, and honestly, I have never heard a single person speak a negative word about her (unless it’s me and she beats me in a workout. :P) Just kidding, but really, it was an honor to do these for her and her equally amazing family! I love you all <3
And if you are a senior and need pictures, be sure to get in touch! <3
The Woodlands Family Photographer | My Top 5 Favorite Places to Visit in the US
Summer is quickly arriving, which means that the kiddos are going to be out of school! If your family is like mine, summer is our traveling season, and there are so many opportunities for fun an adventure! I have been fortunate to take my family to many different places and capture those memories as a The Woodlands Family Photographer. I thought I’d share some of my favorites with you all!
My Top 5 Favorite Places to Visit in the US
1.Sewanee, TN – Sewanee is a must if you have never been! Home to the University of the South, this quirky, yet peaceful town sits on top of a mountain, and has breath-taking beauty everywhere. Not to mention, there is so much to do! The abundant wildlife makes for a great place to hike. My family and I have been to several trails that end at the base of a waterfall. We have also found a few lakes and ponds that are perfect for kayaking and swimming.
2. Austin, TX – Austin is filled with many family oriented activities that would suit any family’s interests. Whether you enjoy the outdoors or indoors, there is so much to do! Zilker Park is a favorite of mine. You can go there to enjoy swimming in the river, playground equipment, live music, and great food. Austin is also home to many museums and entertainment centers that are fun to take the family!
3. Waynesville, NC – I am a sucker for beauty, and the mountains here leave me in awe every time! I love to let my kids play outside in the gorgeous mountain tops. There are several hiking trails and festivals that we always have a ton of fun at!
4. Madison, WI – Madison is such a sight to see! People often compare it to Austin due to its abundance of activities and quirky vibe. They have so many family oriented events going on throughout the year, and most of them are free or inexpensive. I love to take my kids to the Children’s Museum there, which is filled with tons of activities that revolve around nature and wildlife. The Overture Center for the Arts also has many fun events going on that are perfect for the kiddos!
5. Corpus Christi, TX – The beach is something that never gets old to me, so Corpus is the perfect place to take my kiddos. We enjoy the beaches that are quiet, yet beautiful. There is nothing better than relaxing in the sand next to beautiful waters! Also, the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus is one of the best aquariums I have ever been to!
If you didn’t notice, most of these places on my list include places where family live. This is because: a) I love my family and I love to spend time with them, but b) we are ballin’ on a budget, so this helps with some of those travel expenses.We try to get to the beach at least once a year for the kids, and we do love the mountains too. Hikes, and such are all free, and the kids love it!
As a The Woodlands Family Photographer I am so blessed to be able to document not only sweet families, but my own family’s adventures!
Organic Baby Boy Photography The Woodlands | Welcome Sweet Boy
This family means the world to me! I loved working with them, as they are such sweet, caring people that live to help others. Mom worked at MDA where my grandpa was getting treated on the same floor. After seeing the battles that he went through, I realized how special people who work in the medical field are. This mama in particular works each and every day to serve others. Not only does she work with the patients in such a loving way, but she gets to know the families. I will forever be thankful for her and the others that work at MDA, where grandpa was treated in such an amazing way.
A Laid Back Love
This was a very laid back couple, which makes things run so smoothly and effortlessly! They recently welcomed a sweet baby into their home, and I am so excited for them on this new adventure! This precious boy was super good and full of expressions. Being a newborn isn’t easy, and he was so cooperative as we took photos of him. He had me cooing the entire time. This session took place in my studio, and we decided on using natural colors that would allow us to focus on baby boy’s cute little features. I loved his tiny toes! He had no problem making himself comfy, and I love that he was able to relax and sleep soundly.
Focusing on the family is something that I always try to incorporate in my newborn sessions. Not only did we get some sweet photos of our new little guy, but I took several photos of him with his parents. It was so stinkin’ cute to see the three of them cuddled together, adoring one another. They were absolutely beautiful!
Congratulations to these three on the new adventures that await them. They have so many blessings to count!
Capturing this Organic Baby Boy Photography The Woodlands was such a sweet blessing. Congrats to this adorable growing family!
The Woodlands Photographer Summer Series | 5 Inexpensive and Fun Summer Activities to do with Your Kiddos without Leaving Home
Summer is right around the corner, and I am determined to make it one of the best yet! Kiddos will be getting out of school, which means houses will be a little busier than normal. I am super excited to spend time with my kids, but let’s face it – being cooped up in the house tends to get a little tiring, especially when there is nothing to do.
Solution? I would say take them places, but as much as I love taking my kids to water parks and other fun summer places, that stuff gets expensive. Not to mention, getting out of the house with two kids can be somewhat of a tricky process. Getting ready, getting shoes on, and buckling in car seats can wear a mama down! Of course, we will do this every now and then, but I want to spend quality time with my children without all of the hassle. If you are like me and need some ideas, here are 5 inexpensive and fun summer activities to do with you and your kiddos at home.
- Plant a small garden – This will give your kids a hands-on experience that they will LOVE. Kids are fascinated by planting seeds and watching them grow. Furthermore, it teaches patience, responsibility, and care. Plant your favorite fruits and veggies, and your kids will be so proud when their hard work pays off and you eat it at the dinner table!
- Get a rope and build a rope swing – This one brings back so many memories of my pop’s house. We could swing for hours as our bellies filled with butterflies. This is such a fun and easy idea to surprise your kids with!
- Do a treasure hunt with your kiddos (map and all) – Treasure hunts are so fun, and require kids to use critical thinking skills. Hide a series of clues, make a map, and have something waiting for them at the end. Imagine your kiddos spending an hour or so following the map, and finding popsicles at the end to enjoy outside!
- Set up a lemonade stand – This is a classic idea that will never get old! It is such a rich experience for kids to work hard, make something, and see the payoff. They can make a sign, set up a little booth, and become salesmen for their product! Lemonade stands are seriously so fun, and require such little effort! Your kiddos will love counting their money at the end!
- Have a camping read-a-thon – This one can be set up indoors or outside! Get that dusty old tent out of the garage, and put it up somewhere at your house. There is something about tents that kids love, and encouraging them to read while relaxing in a tent is a great way to keep up the hard work they put in throughout the school year. If you set the tent up inside, turn the lights off, give them a flashlight with a book, and they will enjoy reading for hours!
And as always, I would love to come to your home and be your photographer for the day. A fly on the wall, if you will. Be sure to check out my portfolio if you’d like to book a session with me!
Conroe and The Woodlands Senior Photographer
“As you start your journey, the first thing you should do is throw away that store-bought map and begin to draw your own.” -Michael Dell
Meet Kennedy, a sweet girl who will be graduating high school in just a couple of months! Kennedy was so fun to work with. She was quirky, loved Jesus, and not afraid to be herself – my kind of girl! I had a lot in common with her, which made the session so much fun! Not a minute went by where we did not have a blast together!
I took Kennedy to one of my favorite locations in Willis. It’s a fielded area, with the most beautiful trees and flowers! Kennedy was a natural in front of the camera, and looked stunning in literally every photo. She wanted to switch up the wardrobe to add a bit of variety to her session. I loved her choices in clothing. I offered her a few of the outfits that are part of my collection, and she looked stunning in them, of course. Her natural beauty lit up the sky. I love her smile. Such a beautiful girl!
Graduation is such an important milestone in one’s life, and I am so proud of Kennedy for what she has already accomplished. It is a big deal to be at the end of grade school, starting a new journey that will guide the rest of your life. Kennedy is a bright girl, who I know will make a difference. She has so much going for her! Congratulations on your graduation, Kennedy! You have so many adventures ahead of you!
Graduation sessions are so precious to me, and although I do not do a ton of them, they are quickly becoming one of my favorite types of sessions! If you or a family member is graduating, and you want to document such a special time in life, please reach out! I’d love to hear from you.
The Woodlands Summer Photography Special
Hello friends! When photography was introduced to me, I would’ve never imagined being where I am now. This job of mine has provided me with many blessings, but the biggest one of all has to be the amazing clients I have the pleasure of working with. I have met some incredible folks, many of which have become dear friends of mine.
I am truly thankful to each and every one of my clients that trusted me to document some of the most special milestones in their lives. I am honored! Not to mention, Andrea Surak Photography has been in business for almost 8 years now, which is definitely something to celebrate! It has been some of the best years of my life! So THANK YOU to all of you for your endless support!! Which brings me to what this post is about: The Woodlands Summer Photography Special (and surrounding areas)!!!!!!!!
With that being said, I think it’s important to give back, and I couldn’t think of a better way to do it than to extend my thank you and offer a Summer Special coming up for 2018! Get a FREE (3) 16×20 canvas gallery with the booking of any type of full session this summer. This offer is good from May 1, 2018 – August 31st 2018. Canvases are a favorite of mine because of their timeless nature. They are simple enough to pair with any décor you may have. They are also durable, which is great if you have kiddos running around! Displaying family photos is a great way to reminisce with your family and friends. It makes your kids feel important and loved. It also helps achieve that warm and cozy feel to a home!
Thanks again to all of you for your love and support. I am stoked to be offering this Summer Special, and look forward to the many clients I will be working with! If you are in need of booking a session, please reach out! I’d love to hear from you!