Houston Family and Newborn Photographer – New Year’s Resoultions
Christmas is over (tear tear), our extended family came and went, and life as we know it has returned back to normal. Normal is good and routine, though we will miss our family that came and visited. The kids have a bundle of new toys that are keeping their attention and I am trying to hold onto the extra time I have with them before school starts with never ending homework and the hustle and bustle of the new semester. I do not want to complain, because the joy of seeing my oldest little achieve things like reading and being so super proud of himself is indescribable.
I have been reading a lot about how perspective is everything and I wholeheartedly agree. I am not one to make cliche New Year’s Resolutions, but as I reflect on my 2016, there are some areas I would like to see change. So I wanted to make a list of them to hold myself accountable and to maybe inspire others to reflect a little and see where they could improve upon in their new year! <3 So without further ‘ado… here goes:
- No Texting and Driving. I feel like a lot of us are guilty of this. And with a few close calls since the texting phenomenon started, it’s time to get serious. I carry my babies around in my car and their life is too precious to risk with such a senseless (and quite dangerous) act. No, I am not better at texting and driving than the person who was killed yesterday. No I am not invincible. Yes, it can happen to me. Yes, it can also happen to you! Can someone hold me accountable to this?? Maybe we can hold one another accountable?!
- Be a Healthier Version of Myself. I feel like this starts from within and will work itself outward. Notice I did NOT say, “I want to be skinnier” or “I want to be prettier.” No, what I mean is: I want to be healthy. I want to rid myself of the plague of anxiety (2016 got better, though I did have some bouts of panic), so that’s a work in progress. I want to embrace the me that my kids and husband see as beautiful (another work in progress). The more I tell myself: “YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL” the more I am believing it!! I am here to shout to the rooftops and say- each one of us are beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you have curves, rock them. If you are thin, rock it! You are beautiful and we were each made differently for good reason. So eat with healthy intentions (be sure to indulge, too), exercise to get your heart and lungs working and pumping, but LIVE. Because… #YOLO A huge thanks to the folks over at Crossfit Willis for showing me the powerhouse that I never knew I could be. Life changing, for sure.
- Time. I want to get more efficient with my time and dole it out where it is needed: with family. Again, #YOLO, and it’s important for me to spend more time with my kids. So if that means investing in help with my business part time, cutting down on working, or making my job a little more streamlined…I need to get this under control. I do not want to work all the time, and my kids do not want me to either. So lots of changes coming in 2017 for Andrea Surak Photography!!!!
- Kindness. I want to spread that ish everywhere. In a world full of cruelty and pain, kindness is such a beautiful thing. It doesn’t cost a thing and it’s the best feeling in the whole world. If I teach my kids anything, I hope I teach them kindness. So my goal: do a random act of kindness at least once a month. I have this GRAND idea, but it seems so hard to implement. Stay tuned, I may get the courage to implement it!
- Keep my Car Clean. Yep, I am that person that no one wants to ride with because I can’t maintain a clean car. My sister got out of my car and had a piece of gum stuck to her arm. Because… busy season and kids. Haha, but geeze louise… that’s just ridiculous. So, I want to clean it at least once a month. To new beginnings, eh?
- …To Be Continued….
I get it. We are all a work in progress. I also understand that tomorrow is never guaranteed and people come and go from my life year after year. It’s part of life so I want to live mine in the most positive and beautiful way I can. So Au Revoir to 2016 and HELLO 2017- I feel like it’s going to be an amazing year.